Armed Forces Day 2022
This year, Armed Forces Day will take place on Wednesday, June 22 from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the North Bay Waterfront. School-aged children from local school boards and the public are invited to arrive at 10:00 a.m. to listen to the 22 Wing Band, watch demonstrations by the CH-147 Chinook, Canadian Forces Snowbirds and the Canadian Armed Forces SkyHawks Parachute team. Members of the community will also be able to walk through military static displays. All activities and entertainment will be free to the public. Memorial Drive will be closed from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Let’s set a world record!
Help us create the largest human maple leaf. Back in 2019 Trenton broke the Guinness World Record for largest human maple leaf during Canada Day festivities with 3 942 people. This year, North Bay is aiming to break this record!
Read the May 30, 2022 News Release and Backgrounder North Bay Ready to Celebrate 10th Annual Armed Forces Day
Schedule of events:
- 10:00 am – Arrival, with 22 Wing Band on hand playing for the crowd
- 10:25 am – Emcee Mike Monaghan will provide a five-minute warning
- 10:30 am – Welcome Ceremonies
- 10:40 am – Students from the various school boards will address the crowd
- 11:05 am – Human Maple Leaf Record attempt; National Anthem and SkyHawks Canada flag jump.
- 11:25 am to 11:50 am SkyHawks demonstration
- Around 12:30 pm to 1:15 pm (or thereabouts) the Canadian Forces Snowbirds demonstration starts
- 1:30pm – AFD 2022 wraps up